Learn all the basics of your royal icing HERE
- 2 lb. powdered/confectioners sugar
- 4 to 6 T. meringue powder
- 1 T. clear vanilla or favorite clear colored flavor
- 1/2 c. (+ 2 T optional) water
- Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl. I never sift personally.
- In separate small bowl, combine meringue powder, vanilla and 1/4 c. water. Whisk until foamy.
- On low setting, slowly poor wet mixture into powdered sugar. As it combines, slowly add more water if needed until it forms a smooth thick paste.
- Increase speed to medium high and mix no more than three minutes
- More water can be added a little at a time based on what consistency you desire. It is best to add this at the end with food coloring.