If you are interested in learning the basics of royal icing including this orchestrating this recipe from beginning to end, follow me in my extensive online video course HERE.
- 2 lb. powdered/confectioners sugar
- 4 to 6 T. meringue powder
- 1 T. clear vanilla
- 1/4 c. (+) water
- Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl
- In separate small bowl, combine meringue powder, vanilla and 1/4 c. water. Whisk until foamy.
- On low setting, slowly poor wet mixture into powdered sugar. As it combines, slowly add more water if needed until it forms a smooth thick paste.
- More water can be added a little at a time based on what consistency you desire. It is best to add this at the end with food coloring. Again, if you are new to royal icing, please join me in my video HERE.