Pot of Gold Icing Transfers
Somewhere over the rainbow....
How cute are these! They make such a unique addition to any treat from cupcakes to cookies to anything you can think of! I chose to use white royal icing on the rainbow area. I allowed this space to dry for a couple of hours, and then used tiny amounts of water and food gel colors to paint the rainbow. I then iced on the black rim of the pot and added gold circle sprinkles by Wilton, and also iced on the pot's feet. I again allowed this to dry for about ten minutes before I iced on the center of the black pot. I used thick consistency royal icing in white to swirl on three sections of the clouds, and lightly sprinkled them with disco dust. They are a labor of love that will not go unappreciated!
Upon purchase, you will immediately receive your high quality digital file to download. All files should download and have the ability to be saved to any device.
This high quality digital/printable download includes 30 rainbow/cloud/pot of gold shapes each sized approximately 1.40" x 1.40" per page
ICING TRANFER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Save your digital file to your device
- Print your high quality print
- Secure your print to a flat surface and cover with parchment paper. I like to use the back of a metal cookie sheet with magnets
- Use various colors of royal icing to paint inside the designed lines
- Allow your royal icing candy transfers to dry for 24 hours before peeling off the parchment paper
- Using a thicker consistency of royal icing will help prevent cratering in small spaces
- If you want certain colors to stand out and not blend, allow one color to dry for ten minutes before placing the next color next to it
- You could do these in solid white and watercolor after they are dry. You could do three colors, letting each dry in between. You could do them all in white and airbrush the colors on (my favorite choice)
When using meringue powder for your royal icing transfers, these icing candies store beautifully for a long time. Place them in an airtight container on counter or in freezer.